Due to the school closure on 3/22, a make-up performance has been scheduled for TUESDAY, APRIL 2nd at 7PM!!!
Performances on March 22 and 23, 2018
The Marshall Road PTA proudly presents Lion King Jr. This production is open to participation from 5th and 6th graders.
- Students interested in the tech crew should attend the Tech Crew Interest Session scheduled for Friday, January 12 at 8:30 am on the gym stage. Information will be provided about the roles of stage manager, props coordinator, makeup artist, and sound and lighting techs.
- Students interested in acting and singing roles in the cast should sign-up for an audition on January 16 or 17 (with make-ups and callbacks on January 18). Sign-up here for an audition time: www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f4cabab2ea1fc1-lion
To prepare for the auditions, please have ready:
- A Song! (preferably from the Lion King)
- A Monologue (for example a monologue from Simba or Scar)
- A Scene with a friend (for example Timon and Pumba or the hyenas: Shenzi, Banzi and Ed)
There is a registration fee of $100 for all cast and crew members to participate in the play. Registration and payment should be made via the form and PayPal link below. The registration fee is due by Sunday, January 21, and pays for a professional director (Ms. Yazzy Boiragee), a music director (Ms. Kraus), musical fees and royalties, staging and props, costumes, makeup, a souvenir t-shirt, a cast party, and the experience of a lifetime!
The PTA has a budget for partial scholarships available for those who qualify. Please provide any requests for financial assistance to Heather Hazard at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to completing the registration.
Rehearsals begin Monday, January 22 and take place BEFORE school from 7:30-9 am. Tech crew meetings will be held primarily on Friday mornings beginning Friday, February 2, and take place BEFORE school from 7:30-9 am. Please be advised that, because there can be no make-up rehearsals or crew meetings, your attendance at all rehearsals and crew meetings is MANDATORY. The full rehearsal schedule, dates for tech crew meetings, and other important information are available here.