On Friday, February 9th 2018 from 6:30pm – 8:30pm, Marshall Road will host our 28th Annual International Night. At this event, we celebrate the unique diversity that makes up Marshall Road Elementary School. Come and experience the sights, sounds, and tastes of the diverse cultures that make up our school and community.
How can I participate?
– Cultural Display: Set up a table displaying items and information about your country. Ideas of things to share are arts and crafts, photographs or posters, historical information, books, clothing, money, and food samples, to name a few. Please avoid political and/or religious presentations.
– Parade of Nations: Students may model beautiful costumes from all around the world, or simply participate as part of an international parade. Parents and siblings are welcome to join the parade with their MRES student.
– Talent Show: In previous shows, students danced, acted out short skits, or performed vocally or with instruments.
– Volunteer: As with any successful event, we need many willing volunteers to ensure the night runs smoothly, including decorators, floor monitors, program distributors, and people to help participants.
– Buy Water: CARES Club will be selling water bottles to raise money to provide cleaning drinking water for all.
Please sign up now at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e48a8ae2ba6fe3-mres
We are looking forward to your participation!
For general questions and those related to the Cultural Display, please contact Mona Kamel & Yesenia Serrano at firstname.lastname@example.org.