Thank you for volunteering to be a Room Parent at Marshall Road Elementary School!
Room Parents promote the link between school and home that has helped make the Marshall Road community so strong. Room Parents help communicate the teacher’s volunteer and other needs to the families. The effort can range from coordinating classroom volunteers, organizing class celebrations, help arranging Field Trips, and planning classroom gifts. Room Parents also serve to communicate classroom and PTA information to the families and back to the teacher.
One thing that makes Marshall Road Elementary such a special place is the great working relationship that exists between the parents, community, and staff. Through your efforts as a room parent, you will help to make a positive difference in the academic and social lives of every child at our school!
Room Parenting At a Glance
- Time with your child(ren) – Priceless!
- Getting to know the teacher, other children in class and parents
- Working with the Teacher for special events as well as helping to make a smooth running classroom
- Being a valuable asset to Marshall Road Elementary School
- Enhancing the school year experience for every student in your child’s class!
- Communicate through email and/or meeting with your child’s Teacher to discuss their needs for the school year
- Become a PTA member by signing-up and paying annual membership dues
- Attend PTA meetings
- Introduce yourself and other Room Parents to the parents in your classroom through a letter and/or email
- Encourage classroom families to sign up for eNews
- Keep a current Class Contact list
- Communicate with parents through letters/emails
- Help teachers organize volunteers for classroom support
- Work with the grade level team to plan class celebrations and end of the year picnic
- Assist with getting volunteers for PTA activities throughout the school year
- Help the PTA with teacher appreciation activities during Teacher Appreciation Week
- Organize class gifts for teachers at the winter holidays and the end of the year (optional)
Please contact Elizabeth Terry-Humen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.